Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 4
- 6 cups broccoli heads
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 cups cheddar – grated
- 2 cups good quality bread crumbs – rye or sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- juice of 1 lemon
- filo pastry
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190˚c.
- Sautee onions in butter until soft. Add broccoli and cook on a low/medium heat for approx. 8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and add lemon juice, grated cheddar, eggs and breadcrumbs. Season and combine.
- Layer 6 sheets of filo pastry, brushing with melted butter between each sheet.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture at the bottom half of the pastry and wrap into a log shape. Brush sides and edge with melted butter as you fold to seal. Score top of strudel with knife.
- Cook on oven for 30 mins or until golden.