Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 2-3 medium jars
- 1 kg ripe Williams pears, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 500g Organic raw sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean (or 1 large teaspoon vanilla bean paste)
- 2 or 3 medium jars, boiled then dried in the oven to sterilise
- Mix together pears and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Add the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, then use a stick blender to achieve your desired consistency, leaving some fruity chunks.
- Pour into jars and store in fridge until eaten.