Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 9
- 3 & 1/4 cups of self raising flour
- 125g softened butter
- 1 cup full cream milk
- A pinch of salt
- Good quality jam and cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200C, oven rack in the middle. Line your tray with baking paper, to prevent burning the bottom of the scones.
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups of self raising flour, salt and then mix. Add the softened butter and milk. Mix until just combined and a smooth texture is achieved. If the dough is sticky, add flour. Add milk if a little dry and crumbly.
- Flour your bench, and place your dough on top. Gently press the dough into a square shape, with an overall thickness of 3cm.
- Using the back of a knife, gently cut the dough into 9 even squares. Gently dip each side of the dough squares in flour.
- On a baking tray, line up the dough evenly. Bake for 16-18 minutes until light brown on top. Allow 10 minutes to cool, then serve with jam and cream. Jam first, of course!