Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 4-6
- 8 oz butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz arrowroot powder
- pinch of salt
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, then drizzle in honey.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, arrowroot, salt (sift three times).
- Add in three batches to butter mixture and form into a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls and make a depression in each using your thumb and fill each with a little raspberry or strawberry jam.
- Bake on a greased oven tray at 180C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.