Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 2
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of Shaved parmigiano reggiano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fennel seeds
- Caraway seeds
- Red Garnet
- Boil the cauliflower for 5 mins in salted water, drain and place it on a baking tray. Jam a few chopped cloves of garlic into the head, season with salt/pepper and sprinkle some caraway and fennel seeds. Shave some lemon zest over the top. I also use the microplane to shave the cheese over the top (generously).
- Put it into a preheated oven at (180degC) for 20 mins (or until it starts to colour). Turn the heat up for the last 5 minutes or so to get a few bits starting to char up.
- Once you have pulled it from the oven, just before serving again shave more cheese over the top. I like the taste of both the baked cheese and fresh as I think it emphasises the salt, sweet and umami.