Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 6
- 2 bundles of soba noodle
- 3 packets of dried anchovy
- 1 dried kelp 10x10cm
- 2 packets of Katsuo by Ajinomoto (bonito fish flakes)
- soy sauce
- 1 finger of horseradish – finely grated
- handful of chopped shallot
- wasabi paste
- raw sugar
- ice cubes
- For the bonito soy stock. Place water, dried anchovy packets and kelp into a pot and boil for half hour.
- Remove anchovy packets and kelp then put in the 2 packets of Katsuo and boil for a further 1 minute then remove them as well.
- Double the quantity of remaining liquid by adding the same amount in soy sauce. Boil for further 10 minutes.
- Add raw sugar to taste.
- For the soba noodle. Boil in water until al dente then rinse in cold water and drain.
- To serve. Place a couple of ice cubes on the serving bowl with a handful of soba noodle top with 2 tsp of grated horseradish, a drop of wasabi paste and a big pinch of chopped shallot then pour in the bonito soy stock just enough to cover the noodle.