Prep time: | Cook time: | Serves 4
- 450g Pork belly rashes
- 1 medium size leek
- 1 bunch of spinach or choy sum
- 4 – 6 peeled boiled eggs
- 5 thick slices of ginger
- 1.5 cup of sake
- 3 tbs dark soy sauce
- 4 tbs mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1.5 tbs sugar
- 6 cup water
- Cut the pork belly rashes into big cubes and boil it with the top half of coarsely chopped leek for about 3 mins then skim out the surfacing fat. At the same time boil the eggs like usual.
- Drain out the water and add new 6 cup of water, 1.5 cup of sake, sliced ginger then partially cover the pot with aluminium foil and let boil on low heat for 90 mins.
- Add the peeled eggs, bottom half of chopped leek, soy sauce, mirin and sugar to the pot and boil for further 20 mins.
- Lastly put in the spinach or choy sum until it wilts, season to taste then transfer the dish to a big serving bowl.